1.3.8◀Back | Minified | Changelog | Cautionlog
New caching mechanism
Function#throttle method was intended as a way to rate limit heavy operations, however not much thought was given to the returned value. v1.3.8 adds a mechanism that memoizes the result of a throttled function so that it will always return the last calculated value. This means that it can now be used as a way to cache a value for a specific period of time:
Function#once now makes use of this mechanism internally. It is now equivalent to
.throttle(Infinity), or in other words a cached function that never expires.
Date#setISOWeek) to follow ISO-8601 standard.
- Performance improvement to return early using typeof for type checks.
- Performance improvement for loops.
- Fix for Array#sample sometimes returning undefined.
- Fix for French locales.
- Fix for conflict with Coffeescript.
- Fix for Object.clone not preserving date _utc flag.